If you didn’t know by now, Jim Rohn is my favorite resource on personal development. He has given me vitamins for the mind, which has opened the door to new personal philosophies that I have adopted for myself.
Philosophies like “for things to change, you need to change” and “the same wind blows on us all, what matters is where you set the sail.” It has opened up an entire new world of perspective and thinking! Click the banner below to be directed to Jim Rohn’s official website where you can get tons of free stuff and also purchase to have for your own collection.
Vitamins for the Mind is a weekly sampling of original quotes on a specific topic taken from The Treasury of Quotes by Jim Rohn. The burgundy hardbound book with gold-foil lettering is a collection of more than 365 quotes on 60 topics gathered from Jim’s personal journals, seminars and books and spanning more than 40 years. Click here to order The Treasury of Quotes.
The particular quotes come from his newsletter November 2, 2009:
- My father taught me to always do more than you get paid for as an investment in your future.
- Whether you stay six weeks, six months or six years, always leave it better than you found it.
- Don’t bring your need to the marketplace; bring your skill. If you don’t feel well, tell your doctor, but not the marketplace. If you need money, go to the bank, but not the marketplace.
- If you make a sale, you can make a living. If you make an investment of time and good service in a customer, you can make a fortune.
- Don’t just let your business or your job make something for you; let it make something of you.
- Lack of homework shows up in the marketplace as well as in the classroom.
- Where you start in the marketplace is not where you have to stay.
- The worst days of those who enjoy what they do are better than the best days of those who don’t.
- We get paid for bringing value to the marketplace. It takes time to bring value to the marketplace, but we get paid for the value, not the time.
- Here’s the major problem with going on strike for more money: You cannot get rich by demand.
“Vitamins for the Mind” suggests that we only take GOOD things into our minds. Things that will improve overall well-being. The mind is powerful and what we think about most will eventually be manifested outwardly. We need to…
“Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your DESTINY!” -Unknown
The author is unknown, but so true! In a nutshell, these phrases gives us the phases of thought from beginning to end. On a daily basis I try to think about only positive things, say positive things, and do positive things…it has changed my life! I am more happy, more energetic, more approachable, and people notice and want the “vitamins” I take every day! It has also helped me be more successful in my entrepreneurial endeavors!
If you enjoyed this post, please comment and share if you want more content like this.
Remember, YOU have the CHOICE to make it a GREAT day!
Work With Me Personally – ONE24
P.S. Unlimited Web Hosting for $3.95
per month! Click here to learn more.
If you enjoyed this post about vitamins for the mind, please comment and share with your friends.