The phrase “Major Definite Purpose” derives from the six steps to accumulate wealth in Napoleon Hill’s book “Think and Grow Rich.” It’s like a goal, but deeper. It is your definite chief aim…what you are most focused on achieving where you place all your energy, willpower, and effort? It is your Major Definite Purpose.
The book obviously focuses on “riches” but the meaning of riches is not just monetary wealth. It could be improving another area of your life and making it more rich and fulfilled. When I first read the book it had a more spiritual meaning for me than making money.
Creating Your Major Definite Purpose – The 6 Steps
- Fix in your mind the exact amount of money you desire. It is not sufficient merely to say, “I want plenty of money.” Be definite as to the amount. (There is a psychological reason for definiteness which will be described in a subsequent chapter.)
- Determine exactly what you intend to give in return for the money you desire. (There is no such reality as “something for nothing.”)
- Establish a definite date when you intend to possess the money you desire.
- Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire, and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action.
- Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through which you intend to accumulate it.
- Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before retiring at night and once after arising in the morning. AS YOU READ, SEE AND FEEL AND BELIEVE YOURSELF ALREADY IN POSSESSION OF THE MONEY.
“[Now] it is important that you follow the instructions described in these six actions. It is especially important that you observe and follow the instructions in the sixth step. You may complain that it is impossible for you to “see for yourself in possession of money” before you actually have it. Here is where a BURNING DESIRE will come to your aid.
“If you truly DESIRE money so keenly that your desire is an obsession, you will have no difficulty in convincing yourself that you will acquire it. The object is to want money and to become so determined to have it that you CONVINCE yourself you will have it.”
DOWNLOAD A TEMPLATE TO CREATE YOUR MAJOR DEFINITE PURPOSE
DOWNLOAD A FREE COPY OF THE BOOK “THINK AND GROW RICH”
“A BURNING DESIRE TO BE AND TO DO is the starting point from which the dreamer must take off. Dreams are not born of indifference, laziness, or lack of ambition.” -Napoleon Hill, “Think and Grow Rich”
If you enjoyed this post, please comment and share if you want more content like this.
Remember, YOU have the CHOICE to make it a GREAT day!
Work With Me Personally – ONE24
P.S. See how my friend Mike made over $1100 in one day!
Click here to watch the FREE exclusive video for the proof!
If you enjoyed this post about the importance of a Major Definite Purpose, please comment and share with your friends.