One of the very first personal development/self-help books that I read was Og Mandino’s “The Greatest Salesman in the World,” which contains an entire chapter on how to master your emotions. Don’t be fooled by the title for it has little to do with sales. The principles taught within, if applied would help one become successful at sales, but also in any area of life. The principles are taught within ten sacred secret scrolls that have been handed down from one person to another by Divine manifestation.
Begin today to master your emotions! Ask yourself, “How will I master my emotions so that every day is a happy day, and a productive one?” Here is the secret of all the ages:
“Weak is he who permits his thoughts to control his actions; strong is he who forces his actions to control his thoughts.”
Each day, when you awake, follow this plan of battle before captured by the forces of sadness, self-pity, and failure–
How to Master Your Emotions
- If you feel depressed, sing.
- If you feel sad, laugh.
- If you feel ill, double your labor.
- If you feel fear, plunge ahead.
- If you feel inferior, wear new clothes.
- If you feel uncertain, raise your voice.
- If you feel poor, think of wealth to come.
- If you feel incompetent, remember past success.
- If you feel insignificant, remember your goals.
There will always be days when you must constantly struggle against forces which would tear you down. Those such as despair and sadness are simple to recognize, but there are others, which approach with a smile and the hand of friendship, and they can destroy. Against them, too, you must never relinquish control–
How to Master Your Emotions
- If you become overconfident, recall your failures.
- If you overindulge, think of past hungers.
- If you feel complacency, remember your competition.
- If you enjoy moments of greatness, remember moments of shame.
- If you feel all-powerful, try to stop the wind.
- If you attain great wealth, remember one unfed mouth.
- If you become overly proud, I will remember a moment of weakness.
- If you feel your skill unmatched, look at the stars.
Begin today to master your emotions! From this moment be prepared to control whatever personality awakes in you each day. Say to yourself, “I will master my moods through positive action and when I master my moods, I will control my destiny.” Become the master of yourself…you will become great!
This post was taken from The Scroll Marked VI – Today I Will be a Master of My Emotions from the book “The Greatest Salesman in the World” by Og Mandino. Buy Your Own Copy Here.
Remember, YOU have the CHOICE to make it a GREAT day!
If you enjoyed this post, please comment and share if you want more content like this.
Work With Me – ONE24
P.S. Income at home using your computer!
Click here to learn more!
If you enjoyed this post about how to master your emotions, please comment and share with your friends.