But first, why do people dread and hate Mondays? 99.9% of the time is because when we go back to work, and it’s usually to a job that we don’t like. It’s amazing how many people continue day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year in a job they don’t like. In my opionion…
…that’s the definition of insanity!
But that’s for another day and blog post. I used to be one of those people that dreaded Mondays, but have changed perspective. Reasons to love Mondays abound and takes a paradigm shift in the mind. That’s really what it comes down to…loving or hating Monday is a state of mind…nothing else!
Here are 10 reasons to love Mondays (in no particular order)…
10 Reasons to Love Mondays
- HOLIDAYS. There are a lot of holidays that fall on Mondays giving the lucky ones who don’t work retail a 3-day weekend! That’s always nice.
- CYBER MONDAY. Yes it may only happen once a year, but there are many online companies where you can find great deals that begin on Mondays.
- MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL. Every football fanatic looks forward to every Monday night during the season and will sometimes plan parties around it! Nothing like good friends and good food to keep you company on a Monday night.
- PRIME TIME TV. During the regular prime time season, some of THE BEST shows fall on Mondays giving you something to look forward to instead of dread.
- FAMILY NIGHT. For me, growing up family night was always on Mondays. It was a specific time set aside each week to get together with my family and be taught, play games, and eat treats! A great tradition to continue or start.
- MORNING MINDSET CALL. Monday through Friday at 9 AM EST I listen in on and participate in a morning mindset call where hundreds of people gather to read from one of three books and then opens it up for discussion. These have become such a part of my life that I crave them over the weekend and look forward to getting on the call first thing Monday morning. Click the MINDSET tab on the top menu for more detaisl.
- THE WATER COOLER. As you get back together with your co-workers, a lot of the time spent on Monday is talking about the weekend. For example, I spent the weekend celebrating my 7th Anniversary with my wife and had a great time telling my co-workers about my fabulous weekend while they were all stuck at work!
- STRUCTURE & ROUTINE. Sometimes weekends can be full of chaos and full of disorder. We’re running around doing errands trying to get everything done, yard work, and spending time with family (which can be a good thing). Mondays allow you to get order, structure, and routine back in your life. For me, it’s like a breath of fresh air.
- LONG COMMUTE. Say what?! How can a long commute be a reason to love Monday? It’s all about perspective. I’ve turned my car into a University. I believe Zig Ziglar first coined the term, “Automobile University” – meaning listening to motivational or instructional cds/mp3’s while driving in your car to and from work. You can learn a new language, become more motivated, or learn skills and insight to become a better person, spouse, parent, employer or employee. I mainly focus on audio programs of self-improvement and personal development. Jim Rohn said, “work harder on yourself than your job” and you’ll naturally become more successful and happier!
- FRESH START. Mondays are a chance to put the past week behind us and start fresh. Review our accomplishments and failures of the past week and recommit to ourselves to succeed, set new goals, and finish what we started!
A Video Reason to Love Monday
If you enjoyed this post, please comment and share if you want more content like this.
Remember, YOU have the CHOICE to make it a GREAT day!
Work With Me Personally – ONE24
P.S. Backup & Secure ALL of your computer
files for free! Click Here to Learn More!!!
If you enjoyed this post about the 10 reasons to love Monday, please comment and share with your friends.